If you would like to get involved in serving through Room in the Inn contact us through the form below:
Some Options for Supporting RITI:
Churches and agencies help RITI mission in one or more of the following ways:
· Have a church coordinator that “staffs” volunteers for services one night /week
· Donate money
· Pray for the mission, the people RITI serve, and the volunteers
· Donate food for a night or a breakfast
· Donate money for our Laundry Services
· Provide individual volunteers that help fill in tasks during the week
· Pair up with one or more churches to “staff” an overnight.
What is Needed to “Staff” an Entire Night?
By “staffing,” RITI means to find, recruit, schedule, and train the volunteers needed to provide the supervision and services for one night/morning of the week.
Qualifications: A church or agency (i.e., an organization that is incorporated/registered and has a board of directors) selects a member as the RITI Volunteer Coordinator for your Church or Agency. This RITI Volunteer Coordinator will be the point of contact with the RITI Officers.
Please contact Room in the Inn Hardin County by the contact form above or by calling 270-312-7412, if you are interested in being a coordinator or helping with any other task!
· Typical tasks for an overnight: Van Driver, Registration, Snacks, Welcoming, Overnight Hosts (2-men, 2-women), Breakfast, Clean-up/Set-up. Tasks are usually during chunks of time during 4:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Help with Registration for RITI at Warm Blessings Community Kitchen 4:30- 5:30pm
Supper provided by Warm Blessings 4:30 p.m.- 5:25 pm
Van Driver transports from Warm Blessings to Knights of Columbus 5:30 pm
Welcome/Snacks at Knights of Columbus 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Overnight Hosts 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Van Driver transports from Knights of Columbus to Warm Blessings 8:00 a.m.
Cleanup/setup as needed per Coordinators