Room in the Inn will be a great experience for all guests who agree to the following.
- RITI will receive up to 20 guests per evening.
- Guests residing in Hardin County/Elizabethtown area will be given preference.
- RITI will work with the Sheriff’s Department, Elizabethtown Police Department and local health care providers in receiving guests.
- Those who apply from outside the Hardin County/Elizabethtown area will be approved as space allows and on a case-by-case basis.
- Guests register at Warm Blessings prior to the nightly meal. All guests must have an application filed with RITI.
- Guests with jobs that prevent them from registering before the Warm Blessings meal must give 24-hour notice prior to staying. Employer name and phone number must be on file and may be verified by RITI leadership.
RITI is interested in the well being of all involved. To prevent the spread of colds, viruses, flu, and with COVID-19 concerns, please agree to the following.
- agree to register only if healthy and be willing to have temperature taken and answer questions about how you are feeling
- agree to practice hygiene: wash hands, use sanitizer, cover sneezes & coughs
- agree to sanitize the bathroom after every use
- inform a host volunteer if you require medical attention
In order to be a good neighbor, please practice these protocols.
- be respectful to every person in the RITI program
- follow all guidelines (or you may be asked to find another place to stay)
- register sober and stay that way while participating in RITI
- understand that RITI does not provide transportation for any reason
- agree to smoke tobacco products and vape only in the permitted area of the facility; and, avoid, marijuana use or any illegal drug use
- submit any weapons to the volunteer administrator; these items will be locked overnight and returned upon departure
- agree that if you provoke a serious incident or a series of troublesome behaviors, you may be asked to leave
- RITI board has the discretion to ban any RITI participants
During the day, guests are expected to seek a job, apply for programs, obtain insurance, meet with authorities for housing or other assistance, and anything else that may improve quality of life.